Science on a Saturday at the Australian Museum
Someone’s been busy coming up with new ideas at the Australian Museum.
The Australian Museum’s first annual Science On Saturday will feature a huge line up of science based activities and fun for the entire family. The whole museum will be open and there will be the unique opportunity to discover sections that aren’t usually open. The line-up includes:
- Meet the Jolly Professor and Rusty the Robot in a mind-blowing Jollybops Energy show
- Discover the amazing effects of liquid nitrogen with the ABC Surfing Scientist show
- Meet Winny, the Muttaburrasaurus and hear her roar
- Take photos/short videos of your day then head to the Apple store in the city afterwards for an unforgettable learning experience on moviemaking
- Discover the mysterious creatures of the deep with entry into the Deep Oceans exhibition
- Challenge yourself on the velcro wall
- Get up close and personal with some Australian native animals
- Visit the research library on the only day in 2012 that it’s open to the public
It all happens on 11 August 2012 from 9.30 to 5.00. Bookings are essential. Making the booking is very straightforward although it get a bit opaque around the library visit where there’s a box to fill in but no explanation – I just assumed I was nominating a time.
For full information and bookings visit the Australian Museum Science Festival page.
Image: Australian Museum.